Gallery upload limit

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by E.B.E., Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.B.E.

E.B.E. Well-Known Member

Hi,

For some reason after I upload 5 photos, I get the message that I can upload max 10 photos a day, and can't upload any more.

Is this because each image counts as 2 uploads? (first on the Browse page and then on the Details page) Also, does every admin edit of the photo count as an upload?

In other words am I doing smth wrong or is this a bug? :)

Thanks

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Hmm. Let me pitch this around to the other site guys and see what I can find out...

dr

3. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Looks like it's counting the images twice (once since they're in the member gallery and the second time since they're in the outdoor/nature category). It's a "bug" in that the counts are kind of silly, but I don't think that it's necessarily malfunctioning. I've seen this strange counting before.

4. E.B.E.

E.B.E. Well-Known Member

Right. Then I'll solve this easily by only assigning one gallery to each.

Well, the programmers can always argue that it's a "feature" :D but to the user it seems like a bug.

5. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

Once we're on the topic of the photo gallery - w/o starting a new thread ---

I can't find a way to view a members entire gallery. I am give a selection of recent, most popular, and random images. But I can't seem to view all pictures a member submitted.

Am I missing something?

(P.s. welcome back Ben)

6. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I just clicked one of the Photos on the top of the forum page, then towards the top of the screen there was a directory "Home >> Member Galleries >> User Name >> Something Else. Just click the user name, it appears to give all of it.

Also, if you go into the directory all all members, when you click on one, you get a list of things like their Profile, Stats, Pictures. If you click on the Stats, then the link that says how many pictures they have, you get to all of their pictures.

Make sense?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  7. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

I got the second solution, but I'm not sure of the first one.

When I click on member galleries, I get a list of members, when I click a name, I get options for Profile, statistics, photos and comments. if I click on Photos I only get some photos. When I click on statistics I can follow the advice in your second suggestion.

Thanks!

8. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I found that you have to by chance get a photo that is just in that users Member Gallery. So, the second is the better, however, it would be nice to add a link to be able to get to the entire user from any of their pics. However, I know Ben and David are a bit busy this week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.