Having problem accessing pictures from memory card!

Discussion in 'Software' started by chetan.pungoti, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chetan.pungoti

chetan.pungoti New Member

I am hoping someone could help me with my problem.

I am traveling through Asia right now and am using two PQI 2 GB memory cards along with a Canon IXUS 75. One of the memory cards is working fine with no problems.

The other memory card has picture and videos on it that can be seen when viewing them on the camera with no difficulty. But when I connect the camera to a computer with USB plug, Microsoft Scanner says "There are no pictures currently on your camera". The only thing that is different about this memory card is that I did place it in a memory card reader at one time but did not access pictures from it at the time.

Thanks for any help.

Chetan

2. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Have you tried directly accessing the memory card via my computer instead of using any of the AutoPlay functions in Windows XP/Vista?

3. chetan.pungoti

chetan.pungoti New Member

Thanks for the reply.

Yes when I access My Computer and open the camera, the window is empty. When I click "Get Pictures" under Tasks, the wizard starts and gives the same error message.

4. smeeagain58

smeeagain58 New Member

I have the problem that I was able to download my photos via card reader, but the photos can only be seen in thumbnails and when they're enlarged or printed they are grey. Also the card is now useless. Can anyone help. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.