1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

HDR-PJ430V - Wi-Fi transfer won't set !

Discussion in 'Sony' started by lanstrad, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanstrad

lanstrad New Member

I am trying desperately to set the wi-fi transfer capabilities with this camera. I want to be able to transfer captures.

I am able to use a tablet to control remotedly (Android). But this is not the primary function for which I purchased this accessory (the wi-fi adapter at $75)...

I installed PlayMemories Home on my Mac (OS X 10.8.5). I installed WIRELESS AUTO IMPORT.

Then, as soon as I try to SET this computer as the one to which transfer (and although PlayMemory does it **when I connect a USB cable**), I keep being prompted to connect a USB cable once I click SET.

My network sees the camera (it does, indeed, as the cam can be controlled in wi-fi with my tablet on this same wireless network).

Instructions from SONY are very rudimentary. Their forum is a nightmare to access (I spent the last 2 hours trying so...). I hope someone can help here.

If I had known this would take a rocket science background to use this, I would probably have chosen another model. (And I consider myself way above average technologically speaking...)

Thanks in anticipation

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.