Help - can't get photos off the card -

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by eichenluft, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eichenluft

eichenluft New Member

The camera shows the pictures no problem, the card reader isn't working at all (doesn't respond at all when I plug it in, nothing happens) - plugged in the camera and it showed all of the pictures, but when I started downloading them the first picture wouldn't load - tried various other pictures on the card and none will download on to my computer. what do I do??

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The problem may be the card reader and you may need to buy a new one. In the alternative, try loading Nikon's image software that came with the camera and use a USB cord to transfer the pictures. Unless there's something wrong with the memory card, this should work.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  3. eichenluft

eichenluft New Member

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have attached the USB cable directly to the camera, and the pictures still do not upload onto my computer, I can't get them to upload. I can see the pictures on the camera, and also on the screen showing on the computer when it's connected to the camera - but when I try to upload, all pictures or just selected ones, they won't upload. any ideas how I can get the pictures off this card?

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

You first have to install Nikon's image software that comes with the camera.

5. eichenluft

eichenluft New Member

thanks - I restarted the computer - again - and this time it worked, through the camera. I guess I'll toss this card and use a new one, don't know why it wouldn't work. thanks for your advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.