Help: Dx7440 lens cover won't close

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Sandy218, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandy218

Sandy218 New Member

I know it's a long shot but I thought I should exhaust all the options before I give up. (I love this darn thing.) :)

So I've had this DX7440 for 3 years now and I take it with me everywhere, I pulled it out of my purse the other day and when I turned it on the lens cover wouldn't open when I turned it on. With a flick of my fingernail they opened but droop a bit so they are not completely open. So of course I immediately turned if off and they wouldn't shut on their own. The lens pulls in and out like it should but flicking them shut with my nail or a pen is inconvenient and I'm worried about overshooting and scratching the lens.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix it? :eek: Money's kind of tight so I'm afraid to take it to a camera shop and get it fixed, I know I should have been carrying it in a camera bag, but I got lazy and I just wanted to be able to whip it out whenever I needed it, so now I guess I'm paying for it.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Your Dx7440 is getting a bit old and a new camera would be recommended.

If you are after something to fit in your purse, consider the Samsung P800 it`s very small 8mp and is available in pink!

http://www.samsungcamera.co.uk/series/4/l_series/camera/19/p800.html

EDIT : comparison of the Kodak Dx7440 and Samsung P800

Kodak Dx7440 : 100mm x 70mm x 40mm at 224 grams without battery and memory card

Samsung P800 : 87mm x 56mm x 20mm at 114g without battery and memory card

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.