HELP! Exilim EX-Z60 lens gears interchangable with other models??

Discussion in 'Casio' started by Chiggy, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiggy

Chiggy New Member

Does anyone know if the lens in the ex-z75 or z77 are interchangeable with the z60?

What about the ex-s600, ex-z750, or ex-z780??

I'm getting a lens error and I figured out that one of the gears stripped a couple of teeth and I need a replacement gear. If I replace the whole lens it looks like I might as well be buying a new camera.

PLEASE HELP!

2. Cluster

Cluster New Member

Hi, I have no answer but a similar problem instead - I need to replace the whole lens assembly of my EX-Z60 since I dropped it down on a hard floor from 1.5 m height and the optical system got mechanically displaced, the shots are now out of focus in the lower left corner. I was wondering the same - whether the lens module can be replaced from other Exilim models.

3. pf2928

pf2928 New Member

I've been trying to find a supplier of this little gear as well. I have two Exilim cameras (z70 and z75) and both have the same gear missing one tooth (enough) to create the lens error and make the camera non-functional.

Anyone have luck in find where to get the little gear?

4. pf2928

pf2928 New Member

It seems that there is one specific gear that seems to strip. After several months of digging, I finally found the gear.

It was extremely difficult to find. It appears that the Casio Exilim z75 specific gear that I am referring to also works for the z60, z70, and z77.

I would be happy to repair the broken camera that has the lens error for $30 which will also cover the cost of return shipping. I will return the camera after repair. Better to spend $30 than $150 for a replacement.

If I can't repair due to a different issue (i.e., different gear), I will make best efforts to source that gear as well. Either way, I will send the camera back and you would be out only the shipping charges.

If there is interest in getting your camera repaired, then let me know at the following address pf2928@hotmail.com

It is a big problem that Casio is just turning a blind eye to. I called them and they want to sell you a whole new lens assembly at more than $300. Obviously ridiculous because the whole camera doesn't even cost that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.