HELP How do I format my memory card

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by VickOH, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VickOH

VickOH New Member

I recenty took some pictures with my camera that needed uploaded to my computer. We couldn't find the adapter that goes from the camera to the computer so my husband thought we could just upload them straight from the memory card. We took the memory card out and placed it into the drive on the computer. We then found the cord and put the memory card back into the camera. Now the camera advised the memory card is not formatted. How do we format the card and have I lost my pictures. This is a Fuji FinePix 200 Please help.

Thanks,

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

If you want to save your pics, try to put the card back in your card reader to see if it can read it. After that (successful or not), try to format your card in the camera. Typically you'll find an entry in the "setup" or "playback" menu to run the format process on your card. I can't remember exactly how the Fujifilm cameras do that, but it should also be pretty easy to find in the manual.

3. VickOH

VickOH New Member

Is there anyway to format it without losing my pictures? How can I tell if my pictures are lost?
    Thanks

4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

If you format it, you will lose anything that's on the card. That's why I mentioned a card reader (if you have one). It can be connected to the computer and you can read the card. You also might be able to just put the card in the camera and ignore the message that tells you to format it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.