HELP! Samsung Digimax S1000

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by BrainCrasher, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrainCrasher

BrainCrasher New Member

I recently bought this digital camera, but an exident happend and I broke the LCD display...
    What I want to know is, if someone knows how much it will cost to repair/buy new LCD display???
    thank you in advance

P.S.
    I'm new here and I didn't know where to put this... so if there is similar Thread for helping, I apologies. You can merge my thread with that ...

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

The cost to repair will probably be close to what you paid for the camera, unfortunately. My guess is around $150, but I really don't know for sure.

3. BrainCrasher

BrainCrasher New Member

hmm.. A friend of mine, told me that he knows a guy with the same camera model, but with something broken.. It's not the LCD, so can some how be replaced on my camera?
    I'm asking this because there isn't a Samsung shop in my town, and I don't want to travel 150 km just to ask about that..
    Btw thank you for the answer of my question about the price, but i'm not interested in buying new LCD after i read that :D

4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

You can try if you're mechanically inclined. You probably won't end up any worse off than you already are.

5. banks.meyer

banks.meyer Member

it is exactly $145, and u have to import.

6. tomoni40

tomoni40 New Member

Hi BrainCrasher: Do you still have that cammera with the broken LCD Display?I need one like that to replace a broken zoom lense system,that it got stuck shut. It is a mechanical problem,and I think I can fix it with a replacement mechanism from your camera. Where are you located? I am in central Florida.
    Take care!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.