Help with Flash Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W150

Discussion in 'Sony' started by VincyPrincy, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VincyPrincy

VincyPrincy New Member

No matter how many times I change the settings. Even when I set it for adjustable settings. When I click the Flash button a black screen pops up and says "Flash settings cannot be changed" with an exclamation point above it. When I first got it I could click the button and go through many different flash options now no matter what settings I have it says the above mentioned phrase.....How do I get my flash settings back?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Have you set the dial to P (Program) mode? In most cameras you are very limited as to the options you can change when you're in Auto mode or Easy mode.

3. VincyPrincy

VincyPrincy New Member

Even in P mode it doesn't work. Also on the display theres an image of the flash logo with the circle around it with the line through it.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hmmm. The only thing I can think of is that your battery may be low and, to compensate, the camera is not letting you use the flash. If that isn't it, you might want to send an email to Sony asking them about it.

5. dstark88

dstark88 New Member

I am having the same problem! Please help! I just got this camera and can't stand that I can't do anything with the flash. If you find anything let me know.

6. forjador

forjador New Member

I'm also having this problem with my Cybershot W150, which I've owned for about six months. At first, I atttibuted it to low battery power, but after removing and fully charging the battery, the problem persists in Auto, Easy, and Program modes. Very aggravating.

7. forjador

forjador New Member

Here's the fix: Make sure the picture mode settings is set to the Camera icon; then press the Menu button; navigate the menu on the left side until you get to the REC mode. Make sure that you've selected the NORMAL setting. If you select "BURST" mode for continuous shooting, the flash will be locked out automatically. NORMAL mode gives you single shot shooting, which allows you to manually invoke or deselect flash options.:D

8. VincyPrincy

VincyPrincy New Member

Thanks, that solved my problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.