1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

how to fix my sony dsc-w300

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Michael Banner, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Banner

Michael Banner Member

I made the mistake of putting my sony in my carry-on without it's case to save room ( big oops...) the screen is now damaged. When I turn it on the screen is white and has some black artifacts on the right side of the screen. Where can I get parts and how hard is it to change out??? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Have you contacted Sony about the cost of repair. If it's too high, you might want to consider buying a new camera. Sony's website has the WX9, a very nice small camera similar to your W300 but with more zoom and more features, for $169.

3. Michael Banner

Michael Banner Member

Thanks Andy. I went on Ebay and the relacement screens is $16.99 and They will install for free.I've had the camera a long time and it has performed very well and hate to get rid of it. Looks like I'll shop for a new camera and use this as my kick around, utilitarian unit.

4. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Did you try their services? Can you post a link.

5. Michael Banner

Michael Banner Member

:(whatever you do, do not use darntoothy.com. These people are criminals. I made the mistake of paying them before i did my due diligence on the net. The better business bureau has given them a f rating and issued a warning about them. The net is full of disgruntled customers. It seems that they actually don't do anything but take your money. I got my money refunded through paypal after numerous emails went unanswered. I resorted to having it fixed locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.