1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

How to get the Nikon P510 into Macro mode?

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by Alex Ethridge, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Member

I have the Nikon P510 and very little experience with it. I have searched the manual and nothing in there that I can find puts it into macro mode.

How is it done?

Thanks for reading.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The easiest way to get into macro mode is to select the "effects" setting on the circular mode dial at the top of the camera. This will allow access to all of the camera's scene modes but the default setting is Scene Auto. In Scene Auto the camera automatically selects the scene mode it determines to be appropriate for the shooting conditions, including macro. So if you're in Scene Auto and you hold the camera extremely close to the subject (don't use optical zoom) the camera will automatically assume you want to take a macro shot and will go into macro mode.

Another way to get into macro mode is to use the circular selector dial at the rear of the camera. It has a flower icon at the bottom of the dial. Pressing that will allow you to go into macro mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.