How To Replace System Battery Fujifilm AV250

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by abrogard, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abrogard

abrogard New Member

Seems my system battery is dead. Every time I have to replace the AA batteries I have to reset the Date/Time, too.

It is well out of warranty and it'd cost more in postage and service charge than the camera is worth, I think, to get it done by Fuji.

I can't seem to find any literature anywhere that describes this battery and where to find/change it.

Can anyone help?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Here's a link to the manual.
    http://www.fujifilm.com/support/dig...ndex/a/finepix_ax300av200series_manual_01.pdf

I don't see any reference to a system battery. But it does say this, on page 13:
    "If the batteries are removed for an extended period, the camera clock will be reset and the language-selection dialog will be displayed when the camera is turned on."
    Have you tried removing the two working batteries and immediately reinserting them? If so and you lose the camera's date/time setting I'm afraid you're out of luck - you'll have to reset the time and date every time you change the batteries.

3. abrogard

abrogard New Member

Thanks for that.

I have an email from Fuji - two emails actually - one affirming there is a system battery and asking me to send the camera to them for replacement, the second declining to tell me where the battery is/what it is/how to access it - information reserved for licensed servicemen.

Perhaps someone on these forums has taken one apart and can tell me something about it. Failing that I'll take a look for myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.