HP R507 Photosmart: Technopeasant needs help!!

Discussion in 'HP' started by Fishcarver, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishcarver

Fishcarver New Member

Hi folks! I am a "new sailor in town" on this forum, so please bear with me! :). I have an HP R507 Photosmart digital camera, which I have owned since 2005 when it was purchased new .It has a Sun Disk 64 Mb memory card. I recently upgraded my O/S on my PC from Win XP to Win 7; also replaced the batteries in the camera. So far, so good..... I was able to take and upload 6 pictures. (I delete after uploading). When I went to take more pictures, the camera displayed a "memory full" warning. I attempted to contact HP about this problem, and was told that "HP no longer supports this product." What should I do? Is this a software problem, a driver problem, or a memory card problem? I do not, particularly, want to trash the camera if I do not have to. Any suggestions would be welcome!
    Thanks!
    Jim R.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The first thing to look at is replacing your memory card, which may solve the problem with minimal financial outlay.
    The HP website sets out what memory cards are compatible with the HP R507 Memory Cards: Types and Troubleshooting | HP® Support

"Tested with Secure Digital (SD) memory cards from 16MB to 256MB
    Supports High Speed SD memory cards up to 2 GB"

3. Fishcarver

Fishcarver New Member

Andy: Thank you much for this! It gives me a good (and relatively cheap) place to start!! Although this little camera may be old, it fits well into the waterproof pouch in my "bush jacket" and is very handy for botanising and other nature-related pursuits. I also build scale models and enjoy sharing pix of my work online. Do you recommend the HP card? I am glad that I found this place!!
    Jim Roberts from Canada

4. Fishcarver

Fishcarver New Member

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!! :eek: I followed your advice, and now, I think, the R507 is an happy little camera once again. I needs must study the Small, Evil Owner's Manual which came with this critter!! Thank you MUCH for your help!! Jim Roberts, Technopeasant.

5. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm glad it's working now!

6. Fishcarver

Fishcarver New Member

Andy: Sincere thanks for your assistance! :thumbsup: Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.