HP R927 Won't Hold Battery Charge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Keziapurrs, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keziapurrs

Keziapurrs Member

Recently my R927 won't hold a battery charge. I purchased a new battery and it won't hold a charge either. Has anyone experienced a problem with this camera and the battery length?

Tech support basically told me that since I'm a couple of months out of warranty that I just need to buy a new camera. Or "exchange" the one I've got for something new. Yeah, I'd like to see what they offer for my R927, which I paid over $300 for.:(

2. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Since you have already tried using a new battery and it doesn't hold a charge either maybe your charger is broken, have you tried using a new charger?

Link to charger

I'm sure that you can find other retailers as well.

3. Keziapurrs

Keziapurrs Member

Well, the battery shows that it is 100% charged after charging for a few hours. Maybe it's an inaccurate reading. I'm hesitant to "buy" another charger if it's actually the camera. I'll check eBay for a cheap replacement charger and see if that doesn't work.

Thanks for the advice!

Lisa

4. usapatriot

Have you tried resetting (Set camera to default settings) the camera in the set-up menu?

5. Keziapurrs

Keziapurrs Member

I'll try doing that after I charge it again. Luckily the charge holds for a little while.

BTW, HP offered me a replacement phone for $259. What a joke! That's what I paid for the original one. You'd think they'd offer a discount.

6. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

To be fair, considering that you are out of warranty, you have had the device for some time and gotten some good use out of it, that's not too bad of an offer.

7. Keziapurrs

Keziapurrs Member

To be fair, a $300 camera should last more than 14 months. Especially considering that I took excellent care of it. Would you be happy with a camera that lasted that long? I think not.

That won't be fair if vendors continue to sell us expensive merchandise with a one year warranty that "defines" the lifespan of the product. I expect my electronics to last years, not months.

Do you seriously consider their offer fair?

Lisa

8. usapatriot

I agree, a $300 camera should last more than 14 months.

It's not really fair, although since the warranty is up you can't do anything about it.

The best thing to do before buying a camera is to look up reviews and seek advice if needed before buying a camera.

The HP R927 and generally all HP digital cameras are not exactly the best digital cameras out there. HP has never really been a leader in the digital camera market and they seem to get worse as time goes by.

I'd recommend buying a new camera, you can get one much better than the R927 for under $200. (Not an HP cam!!!)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  9. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I think the camera should last longer than this - but I do think that HP has a way to go in terms of quality. I am not sure why HP offered you anything for this camera in the first place - but from the manufacturer you have no claim to anything for the camera. If they are offereing you $260 for it, take that and buy a better camera (unless its from them). If its from them, buy into a brand with better devices and better service.

10. Keziapurrs

Keziapurrs Member

Caleb,

:eek: You misunderstood me. Now I know why you were saying the deal was fair. They're not offering me anything. They just suggested that I buy (again) the same model camera from them for $260 (not a discount).

Basically, I'm cluck out of luck totally.

Have any camera suggestions? I'm now in the market for a new one.

Lisa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.