HP R927 Won't Hold Battery Charge

Discussion in 'HP' started by Keziapurrs, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Sure!

Make a thread in this forum

and

Make sure to fill out the FAQ in that thread.

That way we can really help you out as to what would be a good model for you! :)

2. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

Ok, I was a bit concerned, but that makes more sense. I can answer there if I have more to say, but if you buy a new camera you might want to avoid buying an HP based on your experience.

3. nick972

nick972 New Member

I've had the same problem with my HP R927. Paid $300 and it has lasted less than 2 years. Bought a stand alone charger and extra battery then the display died. I now need a new camera and it will not be an HP. Makes me wonder if I should skip HP laptops when I purchase a new one in a couple of months.

4. VeeBee

VeeBee New Member

I have an R847 and I am now using the third one that they have sent to replace the first faulty one, and this one doesn't charge the battery either. DO NOT BUY HP digital cameras!! They send you refurbished (not new) camera's and they don't work either. Also, I have sent back two cameras and each time HP says that they haven't received the returned cameras,. I always have to give them the tracking numbers and tell them how to see that they were delivered through UPS. The service is flawed, and they don't make digital cameras anymore....thank the good Lord.

A seperate charging station might be your answer. I am going to buy one, or try to get HP to send me one. I seems to be the only option.

5. lincolnlou8

lincolnlou8 New Member

I've spent day online receiving only frustrating responses from the customer service kids. Bottom line, you're right...I paid $400 for my R927 w/all the bells, whistles, and accessories, and it is also draining batteries after gentle, loving use for less than three years. Have they told you how to reset it to the mfg default? Use the end of a paperclip and press down the small whole under the cover to the batteries, with battery and memory card out, and camera off. That may gain you a few more hours of battery charge. They offered me a refurbished "upgrade?" of the same camera I have for an additional $229+ with me paying for postage, and return postage when I sent my own camera back. They explained they are only employees and cannot help the way HP supports (or does not support) such product problems. In this electronic age, sure, there are some people who will tell us to just buy a new camera every year before the 1 year warranty ends. I'll shop around for a more reliable manufacturer/supplier next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.