I need a good one.

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by camdig, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camdig

camdig Member

Budget : ~200 CDN

Size : Don't matter, just not something like a football field.. hah.. football field.

Features : 3.2 megapix or better.
    Standard zoom. 3x-4x I think it was.
    Need really good quality, like 8-10.

If possible, is there one that like, you know, automatically takes pictures over and over again repeatedly by itself?

It'd be like the timer one, you get like 10 seconds and it'll snap. But this one, it'll snap every 10 seconds till you turn it off or something.

General usage : I'm planning on doing casual pictures of family and friends. Then some scenery as well. Probably do some photoshop or something with it when I get time.

Won't be making big prints. I'd be shooting in both low and high light situations.

I had the Canon A510 or 520 in mind, but I read a lot of reviews about this model having some shutter problems and E18 error. A slight tap may ruin it.

But I also read the quality is amazing and stuff, and it's really good for the price.

But I live in Canada, and those prices are in US. And I can't really order from US stores because they either don't ship to Canada, or they only accept credit cards. Which I don't have. I have paypal, but that's about it. So I'm pretty much stuck with maybe like a cheque or something.

Thanks a bunch :)

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

The Canon A520 is the best quality digital camera near your budget. Another one to try to find is the Nikon Coolpix 4600 .

3. camdig

camdig Member

Thanks a bunch.

However, do any of those have that automatic-constant-picture taking feature I described above?

And if not, is there one? For a good price, lowest if possible.

And again, I'm in Canada, and it seems all those stores are US I think.

4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

They have a "continuous" shooting mode, which will take pictures as long as you hold the shutter button down (and as long as it can write the images to the memory card fast enough). The Canon A520 has a 10 second timer, second time, and a custom timer, but it doesn't have a mode in which the camera just shoots at set intervals until you stop it. I don't know of any ordinary cameras that do that.

Unfortunately, the only pricing on this site is for US stores. www.bestbuy.ca has the Canon A520 for $250 CDN.

5. camdig

camdig Member

Friggin, $250.... Man, I don't have that kinda money to spend. -_- Let's not forget the taxes now.. Jeez...

OK, well, thanks a lot. Guess I'll just look for an a510/20 for the cheapest prices around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.