1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Icons/text/image blurry in viewfinder Canon sx10IS

Discussion in 'Canon' started by bethc, Jan 25, 2009.

1. bethc

bethc Active Member

Still getting familiar with my new camera. Been reading the manual and really trying to do it myself but am stumped about this problem. Today the icons, numbers, etc that are usually displayed clearly are blurry as is the image I'm looking at. Stays that way even when shutter button is depressed. The AF frame image is clear. Haven't made any setting changes (that I know of) except today I learned to delete groups of pics by date. Husband says it's blurry too.

Help please! Beth

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Hi.

Are you talking about the viewfinder or the lcd display , if it is the viewfinder you might have knocked the dioptre adjuster at the left of the viewfinder, see picture below

The dioptre control has the red box around it.

John.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. bethc

bethc Active Member

John,
    You are a genius!!

Yes, the problem was in the viewfinder and that is exactly what was wrong. That little dark dial was about the only thing we hadn't investigated. Thank you so very much! The LCD display was fine . . . and now both are. I've learned a lot this afternoon. (I hope!)

Again, thanks! Beth

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

So what do you think of the Canon SX10is? The picture quality of the sample pics I've seen looks very good.

5. bethc

bethc Active Member

I really am pleased with it. Love the picture quality! The weight is greater than I am used to, due in part to the batteries, I guess. Would be happy to send you a few pics.

Thanks again y'all. This site is great! Beth

6. a12chitek

a12chitek New Member

Has anyone experienced blurry/grainy images with the SX10-IS? I've been having this issue especially with indoor snapshots. i have the dial set to "auto" but have tried using the "indoor" settting as well with similar grainy results. Anyone have an idea of why i can't take a clear photo?

7. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Are you talking about shooting without the flash?

If so, try putting your camera in aperture priority mode (Av), setting your aperture to 2.8 (with the zoom on extreme wide angel) and setting your ISO to 400. Picture quality should not be grainy.