I'm looking for gear like this. What is used?

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by SaraF, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraF

SaraF New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a photocamera which can also shoot video. I want to make shots like the video below. What lensen did they use? I'm hesitating to buy the Canon 5D.
    But I have no big budget.

[video=youtube;iYqlsMHKRsg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYqlsMHKRsg[/video]

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I don't know what gear was used to make the video. But almost all cameras released in the past few years can shoot nice looking HD video. The Canon 5D Mk III takes excellent video but it's quite expensive. However the excellent Canon EOS 650d (Rebel t4i) is a much less expensive alternative.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

It is a safe bet that more than one lens was used. And much of the stylish effects seen in that video were put in during the editing phase, not just while shooting. Generally speaking, dedicated video cameras work better for this than DSLR. Though many pros now use a mix of both types of cameras. Links to articles that may help -

Rough Guide to DSLR Video ( Beginner / Intermediate ) - iContact Video Network: Community and Citizens Video, Bristol, UK

Getting Started with DSLR Video: Part One

Filmmaking Tutorials & DIY on Vimeo

Kent JMC Videography Basics Home Page

The Art Of Film And Video Editing Part-1 « VideoUniversity

Kelly Cook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.