Inexpensive Point-&-Shoot that takes bright, realistic photos?

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by doxology, Dec 16, 2017.

1. doxology

doxology New Member

hello...

I am an insurance inspector; and I rely heavily upon a decent digital camera...taking photos both inside & outside of buildings. I used to own a Samsung WB350F, which took bright, beautifully colored photos, both inside & outside. On auto mode, even when the sun was behind a building I was photographing, the shots were contrasted perfectly; & those that let in too much light could be easily manipulated in Photoshop or PSP to make them presentable in my reports. Inside...same thing...plenty of brightness...realistic colors.

Sadly...that camera died. I have been financially unstable of late; & so I went out & bought a Kodak PIXPRO FZ53. Absolute worst camera I ever owned. Every shot (inside & outside) is dark; and has a bluish tint. When brightened or otherwise manipulated, they come out blackish w/ a lot of grain. Changing to Scene mode for the exterior shots helps only marginally....forced flash on the interior produces grainy results.

So...I am DONE w/ this camera...but cannot afford another WB350F. My question is...is there a reasonably priced point & shoot on the market that takes bright, correctly contrasted outdoor (& indoor) photos...without having to mess around w/ ISO speeds & all of that...that I could go to right now (until I can afford another WB350F)?

Thanx,

dox

abhi.s933 likes this.
  2. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Super Moderator Super Moderator

I would look at Canon / Nikon / Sony / Olympus including any "open box" or manufacturer refurbished offers. However, the first step should be to make a list of features which you consider (i) essential and (ii) desirable. For example, I would expect that for your usage a wide angle lens (around 24mm 35mm equivalent) to give good indoor performance would be essential but a long zoom range (more than around 8x) is not needed. The cheapest Canon (Ixus 185) is only 28mm equivalent wide angle while the Ixus 190 is 24mm at the wide end (as is the older Ixus 180). Forget about the pixel count. 12 Megapixels is plenty and can give less noise than 20MP. The Coolpix A300 (25mm at the wide end) is the nearest Nikon equivalent. Perhaps the next consideration in the ranking is the lens aperture at the wide end. F/3.2, for example, will be much brighter than F/4 improving the likelihood of getting reasonable photos from what is usually a very small flash gun.

John

toughasnails likes this.
  3. Jonathan Tipton

Jonathan Tipton New Member

Here is a Nice Refurbished Canon For Sale It For $379.00 It Retails For $699.00
    Click The Link Below And Check It Out!
    http://amzn.to/2E7ULYn