ipod buying recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hpalltheway, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3rboy91

ric3rboy91 New Member

Meh, theres tons of Zunes around UW. Not as many as iPods, but there are quite a few, especially for something that is regarded as a phenomenal failure. And this is on a campus run by Macs.

And I know you're a Linux person, but seriously, MS isn't as bad as you would like to make it out to be. I have run Windows since 95 was released, and I really haven't had that many problems with it. Especially with XP, after the first service pack, it was very stable, and even better after SP2.

Hardware-wise, the Zune is internally essentially identical to the Toshiba Gigabeat S, and it is Toshiba who manufactures the Zune. The wifi thing is absolutely useless for the time being, but MS is contemplating of opening it up with a firmware update, so it will actually be useful. Personally, I think that if they threw a browser of some sort on there, I would be 100% sold. I guess it is a bit large, but the design accentuates this with the lack of curves like the iPod has. Plus the interface is much nicer than that of the iPod.

I'm not an iPod hater or anything, I have 2 of them myself (a 2G nano and a 4G). But I think I will end up buying a Zune for my next PMP.

2. Gautam

Gautam Well-Known Member

Maybe you have a point. THe truth of it is that The SanDisk Sansa is like the best one you can get....

I agree the Ipod isn't that great....but neither is the Zune without some firmware upgrades

3. hpalltheway

hpalltheway Well-Known Member

hey gautan, i replied to your question on page 5..u never said anything about it yet..lol

4. Gautam

Gautam Well-Known Member

GO ahead and start a new thread with your question over at the Off Topic area of notebookreview.com.

5. hpalltheway

im not a member thopugh in the notebookreview area, can you just answer it here? thats all im asking

6. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

I see it's time to close this thread!

7. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

I think that's a fantastic idea.

8. Gautam

Gautam Well-Known Member

Yes the insanity has grown out of hand.

9. hpalltheway

:( all i want to do is make the right decision and notthrow my money to a waste on products that may or may not be worth to get for me.

10. hpalltheway

hey btaryag, out of the nano colours which one would u prefer to get? and for the videos, white or black? im just curious which ones are the most popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.