ipod buying recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hpalltheway, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

I don't know nano colors. I like white.

2. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

hpalltheway,

You're thread was innocent, but then it started to get a bit odd when Guatam commented that he couldn't understand one of your posts due to the errors in typing and syntax ... the funny part there was that Guatam's own post wasn't exactly error free!

But, the feeling turned ugly immediately with the replies between the two of you .. I am not saying either one of you started this, nor am I saying who's right or wrong ... it doesn't matter, all that matters is that the two of you were mis-reading one another.

Now, back on topic ... you will not from the site "macrumors" that they don't suggest you buy an iPod at this stage, unless you are looking for the smallest one (the shuffle, I think it's called) since both the Nano and iPod video have approached the "end" of their shelf-life. From past experience with Apple's life span on their products, these two are due for a change VERY soon.

Unless you REALLY want one of these two models I wouldn't suggest you buy them - as has already been suggested by others, too.

As for other media players, there are those that are cheaper than the iPod; there are those that have more features than the iPod; and there are those that have both ... but to me, at least, the iPod is what I would go and get especially after seeing it with my daughter. Also, I just love how Apple, and M$ manage to bring us such great toys (be it computers, accessories, applications, etc.) and my loyalty to the two runs deep.

Why the iPod and not the Zune? Regardless of which is better, and I do believe that the iPod is the better of the two, I would go with the iPod even if the Zune was the better of the two. Simply, M$ has a huge product range that are succesfull, while Apple has a fewer product range that are succesful. I find it my "duty", yes duty, to support Apple here.

So, in the end, and in continuation to my last post, I hope that you and Guatam can try to understand each other and don't get too ticked about things, nor chanllenge one another as if it were a dule here! We sure have enough of that already... also, I love Gautam's comments as he generally gives my photos good ratings (I know that's me being biased)... and I have nothing against either of the two of you .. so, PLEASE get along.

3. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

If you're going to buy one, anyways, ....

For the iPod video I would go for the white one .. even though my daughter chose the black one.. but with the white one you can always get skins for it to change it's colour.

For the Nano, I would go with the "pink" one .. I just love that colour.. or if you can get your hands on one of the candly-apple red!

4. hpalltheway

hpalltheway Well-Known Member

hey wail, thankyou for your very helpfull post. i jsut want to say no, im not in an argument or anything. im only 13 years old and im not the "techy" kind of person. as i mentioned before, i just wish to make the most suffiecient decisions.i have nothing agaisnt anyone. im just curious about what i dont know about the ipod which is why i ask, and curious what peoples opinions on it are. thankyou again fo r ur post, it was very helpful!

5. hpalltheway

hpalltheway Well-Known Member

hey wail, whats ur speculation on upgraded components on a future ipod video?

6. Gautam

Gautam Well-Known Member

@Wail - If I need a therapist, I'll let you know, oh-great-one. *really.* For now, I can live without your sly commentary, for it is of NO consequence to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.