Is Canon Rebel EOS XTi too much camera?

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by Paddler6, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paddler6

Paddler6 New Member

I recently purchased the highly recommended Canon Rebel EOS XTi to take advantage of the short term sale price. I haven't opened the box yet before I'm confident I did the right thing. I am an amateur whose Canon AE1 recently died, and I decided it was time to join the digital world.

For the price of the Rebel, I have one lense (18-55mm), until I would purchase more (that's "if" at this point)....also more to lug around for an SLR.

Would I be better off using a Canon power shot model with a 10-12x optical zoom, and smaller camera package, such as in a super zoom model? The lenses from my old 35mm camera are manual focus, and I don't believe they will be compatible with the EOS. That was my original thought when I purchased the digital SLR.

I welcome any suggestions from the field! I'm still learning the digital language.

2. Quikster

Quikster Well-Known Member

well that depends on if you are going to take advantage of having a DSLR or if you're just going to mainly shoot in automatic just like a regular P&S camera. With the DSLR you can do a lot more getting special lens for the right situations control every aspect of your shot manually and etc. However, as you said it comes at the cost of having to carry all that extra weight around.

Sharonhype likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.