Is there a camera you wish someone would make?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by David Rasnake, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

2. BigJob

BigJob Member

Hi DS,

Where does the D3 fall short? Here are three comments off the top of my head:

1) As you've noted - price.
    But these are interesting times for consumers. I anticipate that Canon's design and pricing strategy with the 5D's replacement will precipitate some response from Nikon ...even if Sony's A900 hasn't already done so.
    In an "academic sort-of-way", I'm looking forward to the D3's already rumored replacement - whenever it comes. What might it be, a D3x??
    Rumors have the new 5D being priced at $3500...hmmmm, that price combined with the rumored specifications, will surely have Nikon sharpening their pencils.
    Whatever the case, we win again!

2) Complexity.
    While I may not have stated it clearly, I'd like something "stripped-down" to some degree - with greater emphasis placed on picture quality. I'd even go along with USAPatriot and say, "make it manual" as far as possible. The D3 obviously works very well, but it's also a complex piece of gear to operate - just strip out out all those endless options and voila...

3) Nikon sales policy.
    To date, the D3 has not been made available to "the common folk" - at least in Canada anyways. While I may not be a pro, for years I've been a loyal supporter and user of Nikon products. But despite all that, I can't buy a D3. I don't like being discriminated against - regardless of the reason. Thus, while I still acknowledge the quality and ingenuity of the Nikon products - Canon has my attention now....though I'm sure I'd get over this "perceived snub" if the bait was right. ;)

An incoherent blurb, but it's been a long day and now it's time for dinner!! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.