Is there as way to make compact movies larger?

Discussion in 'Canon' started by SKYSURFER, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKYSURFER

SKYSURFER Member

Today I shot some movie clips with my old Canon Powershot A630 but for the first time ever, downloaded them find they play thumbprint size.

I'm a very lazy photographer and never fiddle with the settings going for automatic.

But on looking at my camera I can only think the settings moved to 'compact' - does that make sense?

Is there anyway I can enlarge them - if not I'll be very disappointed.

Does 'compact' mean the definition is reduced and if they are enlarged they will lose clarity?

Yours in hope!

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I agree, your movies were probably shot in the compact mode, 160 x 120. I'm afraid you're stuck with the low resolution compact mode. If you blow up the movies the definition will suffer and the movie will appear soft with muted colors.

3. SKYSURFER

SKYSURFER Member

Thanks Andy - well that's a mistake I won't make again.
    I've been looking at the menu which I don't properly understand but I notice on Standard settings there's a little camera icon with 30 -640 and the Compact is the only setting with 15-160. Does that sound about rigfht?
    You say everything will suffer if I blow them up - but is there any way to blow them up to see if they are any way watchable?
    Thanks again.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.