Just Starting...Completely Overwhelmed!

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by kochi, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Since you're using your left hand to hold the lens and work the zoom control, it's a plus to have a strong left hand.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I agree. In northern Virginia, where I live, we have Penn Camera and Ritz Camera, both of which have a great selection and knowledgeable, helpful sales staff. Unless you absolutely know what you want, I'd avoid the big box stores.

3. digitalsyn

digitalsyn Member

When you do get into it and start taking some shots you should share them with us! Always nice to hear when someone buys a product and shows off its fruit :)

4. kochi

kochi Member

Alright, so I'm gonna head over to some camera stores this weekend or next weekend. I'll write an update here on my thoughts about the Canon and Nikon cameras, as well as the lenses I try.

@Kelly, whoa T3i, another camera I'll need to research lol. Seems like cameras are getting obsolete before I have enough time to research them >.<

@ifse, you kind of get used to right-handed products after a while lol. Any company that takes into consideration its left-handed customers gets a thumbs up from me.

@Andy, yes I don't often get good service at the big box stores. I'm sure there are at least a few good specialty camera stores around my area.

@digitalsyn, yes I definitely will! I've bought a few photography books already, and am eager to start shooting.

5. digitalsyn

digitalsyn Member

kochi,

One of the people I met in passing which really knew what he was talking about and wanted to help me get more into using photoshop and photography combined was a book called Digital Photography by Scott Kelby. Definitely has a lot of great info - if you get a chance see if you can grab a copy of it and see if its something you'd wanna get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.