K Mount Lenses

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by jtom, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtom

jtom Active Member

I was just wondering how you tell if a lense is k mount or not. I was looking at getting a pentax dslr and I have been looking at lenses. I have seen a few that specifiy that they are k mount but alot do not.

Is it implied that its k mount?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

jtom,
    If it's a recent (say last 30 years) Pentax lens, and it's obviously not a screw mount (i.e. if it doesn't have threads at the mount end of the lens barrel), then it is almost certainly some variant of K mount.

Look at the letter markings on the lens: Note that for Pentax DSLRs, while all K-mount lenses will mount up to the body and function, older lenses marked "K" and "A" will only work in certain modes of the camera (full manual or aperture priority). Newer lenses with autofocus and markings like "DA", "D-FA", and "FAJ" will all be fully functional.

What lens(es) are you thinking about?

dr

3. jtom

jtom Active Member

4. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

The Sigma you list is a good entry-level zoom, overall, with a little more reach than lots of lower-cost zooms. Any newer Sigma/Tamron/Tokina lens for Pentax should work with the new K-series cameras, FYI.

5. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Member

I wouldn't go with that Sigma 70-300 get the APO version of the lens It's much better, I have the Tamron 70-300 Di and it's a great lens for the money It's equal to the Sigma 70-300 APO and I've seen it for 140.00 online the past few days. I was looking so I could get a good price for mine. I'm selling mine because I just picked up the Tamron 18-250 Di II for 455.00 and the wife says I don't need them both so I'm selling my Tammy 70-300 for 110.00 plus shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.