Kodak C643/ memory card question

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by DMR3138, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMR3138

DMR3138 New Member

Hi !
    This is my first time using a memory card. I have a Kodak C643 camera and used a Lexar Platinum II 1GB 60X speed SD card. I am not able to view any pics on my camera or my PC. My PC is a HP Media Center m490n. I have read my HP user's guide and this looks really simple. I am usually good at figuring computer stuff out eventually but, NOTHING I try is working. This is consuming too much time and I am not getting anywhere!

When I try to get the pics off my PC, the light flashes blue and it looks as if it is reading the info. It clocks for a minute or so then tells me to insert a disk into drive G ???? I have NO idea what to do from here ........ :confused:

My camera says " must format memory card to continue, can't read memory card " or something like that. I have not seen the pics yet, formatting deletes everything from what I understand. I don't want to do that. I would appreciate ANY help .. Thank you ! :)

denise *

2. avisitor

avisitor Well-Known Member

Yes, formatting deletes everything on your card. Hmm... so you have already taken pictures on the card and neither the camera nor computer can read them. Kind of a stupid suggestion, but maybe you might take the card to somewhere that prints digital photos and see if their machine can read it for you. Most of those places will burn a disk of your pictures for you as well.

3. DMR3138

DMR3138 New Member

Hi Austin,
    Thank you for your response ! :)

This is what one of my friends told me to do today because I don't have another memory card to test and narrow the problem down. It's very strange and making me crazy! haha .. so, this is my next thing to try tomorrow, I HOPE it works ! I will let you know. Thank you again for your suggestion.

denise *

4. avisitor

avisitor Well-Known Member

Hmm. You might want to pick up an extra card anyway. I recall that Walmart had some deal on Kodak cards for 19.99

5. DMR3138

DMR3138 New Member

Hmmm i posted again last night but, it's not here .. so, what i said was ....

Thank you for the info on the kodak camera card info .. I finally made it to wal-mart and even their machine at the store wouldn't work :( a friend of mine also used this card in their camera when we were in Vegas .. would that make a difference? I am trying to figure out why this card will not read no matter what i try .. i wonder what else i can do ?? It's making me crazy .. well, crazier than i already am ! haha

denise *

6. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

It's quite possible that the other camera did something on the memory card that corrupted the filesystem on the card. I know you don't want to lose your pictures, but have you tried to reformat the card? If your camera won't read it and a kiosk won't read it, then I'm not sure what else you can do.

7. DMR3138

DMR3138 New Member

H i Ben,

I have not tried to reformat the card because I am trying to avoid losing the pics. I am not sure what i am going to do yet, have not gotten that far yet. haha ... I just keep talking to people HOPING someone will know a trick. I am sure there is SOMEWHERE to take these cards where they can get the info off of the card. I just have not figured out where to take it next .. it's making me crazy though, I really want to see these pics. They are Vegas pics and some other places we have been on trips etc .. the worst part is that there are also pics of my dog right before he passed away..... :( so, I really HOPE they are not lost forever ! I just keep checking back here, eventually I will figure out something :) maybe ???

denise *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.