Kodak EasyShare Z1085IS vs. Sony Cybershot DSC-H10 Camera

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by airn42385, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airn42385

airn42385 New Member

Hi-I've been spending alot of time shopping around for a digital camera for my very techy boyfriend. I thought I had decided on the Sony CyberShot H10, but then I saw a great deal on the Kodak Z1085IS. Now that I've ordered both of them, I'm not sure which one to give him for Christmas. The price difference is over one hundred dollars, the Kodak one being the cheaper of the two (it was on sale). The money isn't much of a concern, but if the two cameras are comparable in quality and features, then I definitely want to go with the cheaper one (so I can buy him other stuff).

My boyfriend had told me that he had wanted a camera with a good zoom, so when he goes to football games, he can take quality pictures. I don't know if he can achieve this with the 5x zoom on the Kodak. Other than the zoom, the features seem very comparable - image stabilization, face detection, manual controls - all of which are important.

Any help and/or suggestions you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Your boyfriend would definitely prefer the long zoom of the Sony H10 to use at football games. The Kodak's a nice little camera, though, with very striking colors, and a great buy at its discount price. Why not keep it for yourself or give it as a gift to a family member or a friend?

3. airn42385

airn42385 New Member

Follow-up question...

If I do go with the better, more expensive camera, will it just be outdated in a couple of years? Technology on these things seems to always been changing...

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

There will always be new technology coming along. I think the important thing to consider is what meets your needs at present and in the near future. For all you know, your boyfriend might decided to give up going to football games in a year. But until then he'll have a good camera that will take the kind of shots he wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.