1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Kodak EasyShare z1275 Macro

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by emilylouise, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emilylouise

emilylouise New Member

So, I have had a Kodak EasyShare z1275 for a few years now and, for the most part, I don't mind it. The only thing I do have a problem with is the macro. For one, I don't even know how to properly get to the macro setting. I know you can go to the "scene" mode (or whatever it's called) and click on the little flower icon there; or you can go to the P and M mode and change the focus there. Is there a difference?

I have tried both of these settings and I cannot, for the life of me, get the camera to actually take a decent macro picture - it never wants to focus! My boyfriend's camera can be 3 centimeters away from an object, focus, and take beautiful macro shots. The Kodak will not focus if it is not more than 20 centimeters away.

I'm hoping someone on here either owns this camera or at least has a little experience with it. Basically, what I'm looking for:

1. Is this camera even capable of taking decent macro shots?
    2. If yes, how do I get to this setting/make my camera able to do this.
    3. If no, is there a lens available that I could purchase. I absolutely love macros and not being able to take them drives me crazy!

I have tried looking up info on this issue before and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Kodak Z1275 can only focus as close as 20cm (7.9 inches) - not great for up close macro shots. There's only one way to take a closer shot and that's to use the zoom. The most recent version of the camera, the Z1485, has closer macro capability - 10cm. While 10cm is not all that close, it's much better than 20cm.

Sorry, you can't add a lens to this particular camera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.