Kodak easyshare Z1275

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by jujuk8, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jujuk8

jujuk8 Member

it is 12MP, but why do the pictures turn out so big...almost to 6000x9000 or something like that..I don't know how to change it.

it can record videos at 780p, but if it is not positioned on a tripod or something, it is very shaky..

Also, what car mounts are there where I can position the camera facing the front windshield, while I drive. I want to do some high speed mountain driving and would like to record it in HD.

My question is, at what setting should I use when I want to have an object focused, but the background blurry. I did it once taking a picture of a candle, but I can't remember what I did.

Also, what should I use when I'm taking pictures of cars drifting around. Really, it's going to be in the day, with sunlight and the cars will be moving very fast, making lots of smoke. thanks...

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Max image size should be 4000x3000. There is a menu option (called Image Size or some similar, I imagine) to change this.

As for the video question, do you have image stabilization engaged? Small cameras are always going to look a little "bouncy" shooting video, as they tend to be harder to hold steady.

I think there are some dedicated dashboard tripod mounts (I know there's at least one company that makes tank/bar mounts for cams on motorcycles, and they probably do similar stuff for cars - can't remember the company at the moment, though), but these may require some kind of permanent mounting to the dash. If you have something to anchor it to, the Joby Gorilla Pod might also work.

Blurring the background is usually accomplished by either close focus (macro mode), a wide aperture (shoot in aperture priority at the lowest number), or a combination of the two.

Look for some kind of sports/action mode for motorsports shooting.

dr

3. jujuk8

jujuk8 Member

oh cool man. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.