Kodak Easyshare Z710

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by AndyUK, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyUK

AndyUK New Member

Can someone please, please, please help me?

Today I got back from my vacation and was eager to see all the pictures I had taken.
    Using the Easyshare software I transferred the images from my camera and then proceeded to go through the process of dragging images that I particularly liked into the Picture Tray. All 300 of them.
    I then made the mistake of going back to check through them and discovered that one was more or less identical to another. I decided to delete it from the collection. Imagine my horror when I discovered that I had deleted the entire collection. I am devastated.
    At first I thought that the images would still be saved onto the memory card in my camera, but on looking I discovered that the card was now empty.

Naturally my question is this.
    Is there anyway at all I can retrieve those pictures, or have I lost them forever?

If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated.

Andy.

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Hmm, this is tricky: as I understand it, it depends on what the EasyShare software does to clear the card as to whether there might be any data left or not. There are several freeware programs that will attempt to reassemble data fragments from memory cards and the like, and that would probably be your best hope at this point; I've had decent success with one called "Zero Assumptions Recovery," and it has a specific tool for working with memory cards. Give this (or some similar recovery software) a try and let us know.

I think we all know the sick feeling you get when you realize you've lost/deleted something you didn't mean to. Best of luck in getting your shots back!

dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.