Kodak EasyShare Z812 IS Review

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Howard Creech, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen61

Karen61 Member

Thanks Andy - I had actually realised this about it not being a fully fledged D-SLR but in my mind it is very much like one - and since discovering how to use it properly from Howards review I feel I can select and try out various different settings manually, where as on my little compact Olympus Stylus I cannot.

This Kodak model is ideal for me to 'learn' on until I can afford the much wanted Olympus DSLR model which I wanted in the first place ;)

2. tazzeke

tazzeke New Member

Re: Kodak EasyShare Z812 IS " CAN " be used as webcam

I just have used my Z812 as webcam it works also on messenger, i only tested the video because i busy doing other things at teh moment, the only thing you need is the "usb to rca cable"(included is the box) and a "video in" on your desk or laptop.

Greetings

3. kelsci

kelsci Active Member

I own a Z812 that I got from Cowboom. I can substantiate that audio recording problem. In addition, the stereo separation is atrocious along with the distorted sound quality. I was unimpressed with the video quality of this camera as well. The images lacked dept. As far as still pictures go, I do like this camera very much and takes great color pictures with excellent sharpness. I have made slide shows in 16X9 with this unit and I am completely pleased. Kodak has a certain "signature" color quality that is very different than most other manufacturers. If you want good video results with excellent mono sound go for the Kodak ZD710, but use a class 6 card in the unit. The videos are quite nice and it will take pictures close to the Z812 with this card. Trying a class 6 card in the z812 did not improve the results of video,audio or still pics. A class 2 card is all one needs to get great stills on the z812.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.