Kodak Easyshare Z812

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by RanchGal, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RanchGal

RanchGal Member

My best friend had a 5 year old Nikon (I forget what model, but it was a very nice one, especially of it's time) that took excellent pictures. However it broke and rather than pay $120 to fix it, she preferred buying a newer model of camera. She ended up with the Kodak EasyShare Z812 IS. I considered this model before very recently ordering a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 instead. I have looked at so many models in the past 3 days I forget what turned me off of it. Perhaps it was something about the focus, I can't recall.

However, her pictures seem very decent thus far, and I was just curious on your take of the camera. It seems to me, for the price she bought it at, and for the pictures it takes, of very decent quality.

What is your take on this camera?

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Reviews on the web were a bit all over the place on that particular camera, though our impressions were generally pretty favorable:

Kodak EasyShare Z812 IS Review

I've found the Kodak Z cameras I've used lately to do a lot well: good speed, acceptable image quality, nice color reproduction that befits Kodak's legacy in film. On the not-so-good, they tend to be weak on fit and finish, and their recent sensors have been noisier than the class average.

dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.