Kodak EasyShare Z981 can't take pictures on different settings - unrecognized file format

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by breeney, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breeney

breeney New Member

I have a Kodak EasyShare Z981 camera. Recently, the camera has been acting up. I can only take photos on the Smart Capture setting. If I try to take photos on any other settings (Action, Portrait, etc.), when I go to review the photos, I'm met with a black screen saying "Unrecognized File Format". When I transferred these photos to my computer, they appeared as .mov files instead of .jpg, and they will not open. I'm pretty sure I have lost those couple photos... I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or would know a solution. Again, it works fine in Smart Capture, but not in any other settings.

I would just like to know if there is a fix for this before I start shopping around for a new camera. Thanks!!

2. Laila Qureshi

Laila Qureshi New Member

I have the same problem with my Kodak Z990. I only can use Smart Capture too.
    Any one can help?
    Please share...
    Thank you

3. Mike of the north

Mike of the north New Member

I have the same problem with my Z981, I now have half the pictures taken on my family vacation are useless.

Mike

4. Mike of the north

Mike of the north New Member

I got other settings to work by resetting the camera, still can't read the bad files thou.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.