Kodak M550 lens cover

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by coope, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coope

coope New Member

Alright, I've been searching on and off for who knows how long about this.

I used to have a Kodak C something I believe, I loved the thing. It survived a lot too and still held up for me even with some abuse. Unfortunately it died on me one day and I had to hold my breath for a new camera as I had no money to purchase a new one.

I received a Kodak M550 in December 2010. It wasn't the exact camera I had wanted but it had many of the same features I wanted so I made do with it. It started to have some issues the first time I really used it. But I didn't think much of it. I just figured I was just so used to my previous camera. I never received a receipt for the camera either so I couldn't return it as I had no idea where it came from. Then I'd say...maybe April of 2010 I started to have a small issue with the camera. The lens cover took forever to open. The forever to open slowly transitioned into not being able to open without gentle assistance. I've tried a few things such as cleaning off the lens, blowing it off to get dust off of it. But nothing seems to be helping it too much right now. It has it's good days where it opens up right away. But as of today it now takes forever and a half to open and close.

I have no idea what to do about it. It's a huge bother and upsets me quite a bit since I never even had a chance to send it in under warranty. The camera has had no where near the amount of use and absolutely no abuse compared to my previous camera from Kodak.

I was curious if anyone had any suggestions as to what I could do to fix it. I once read somewhere to try putting the lens end into a vaccum cleaner and turn the camera on and off while the vaccum was running (but this kind of terrifies me), as well as using an air compressor to try to get dust out. I'm really clueless on what to do from here.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.