Kodak SV710 7" digital picture AVI's jumpy

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by BruceY, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceY

BruceY New Member

I have a Kodak easyShare SV710 7" digital picture frame to give as a gift. I have a 512mb compact flash card 1/2 loaded with jpg's and a few avi's. The pictures play fine. When it gets to an avi, it plays jerkey and seems to skip frames. Can this be caused by the compact flash card not able to transfer the data fast enough? I had it formated the FAT way then reformated to FAT32 hoping it woiuld help, no luck. I'm running WinXPpro and it wont allow me to formatt NTFS.

The picture frame supports SD, MMC, MS, xD,CF, and MD CARDS. W ould one of the other type cards help me out?

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Hi BruceY,
    Formatting NTFS wouldn't help I don't believe (and besides, you would have to reformat to use in your camera the next time).

My guess, and its only that, is that it has more to do with the operation of the frame itself than the kind of card you're using. It takes a fair amount of processing power to play videos smoothly, and most frames simply don't have it.

It might help, if you have some basic video editing software, to resize copies of your videos (probably want to preserve the originals) to as close to the native resolution of the frame (480x234 in this case) as possible.

dr

3. BruceY

BruceY New Member

I'm wondering if I converting AVI to MPEG1 or MPEG4 would help?

4. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Not sure. Might be worth a try, if the file sizes are smaller.
    dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.