kodak z1275 burst mode

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by me10lee83, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me10lee83

me10lee83 New Member

I have a kodak z1275 camera and can't seem to figure out how to use burst mode.

The manual says press the self-timer/burst mode button, but this only seems to bring up the self-timer.

I've tried it in several different picture modes but it only seems to bring up the self-time. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Hi.

Once you have pressed the selftimer/burst button it says to depress the shutter button slightly, what happens then!

3. me10lee83

me10lee83 New Member

It focuses, as the instructions say. They then say to press & hold the shutter button to take pictures, however this starts the self-timer, it does not take multiple photos as it should.

Based on the instructions book there's 2 types of burst mode- 1st 3 and last 3, each one with a different icon. I would assume that those icons should show up on the display screen, as do the self-time mode icons, however they do not. When you press the self-time/burst mode button it cycles through the different self-timer modes but does not go to either burst mode.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Here's what the manual says:

Is your camera set for the correct mode?
    Are you pressing the shutter halfway down and pausing to set focus and exposure?
    Are you then pushing the shutter all the way down and holding it down to take pictures?

5. me10lee83

me10lee83 New Member

I have read over the manual several times. And yes we have tried it in several different modes (NOT any of the listed unavail ones). When pressing the shutter halfway it does focus, as with all modes, however when you then press it all the way and hold it does not take multiple photos, it just starts the self-timer and takes one.

6. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Strange. I think the only solution is to contact Kodak. Maybe this is a known flaw in your camera and they'll send you a replacement.

7. ryanbeckie

ryanbeckie New Member

This post from April is from a person who claims that he spontaneously got it to work but doesn't explain much more. I tried randomly fiddling with settings with no success.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=589879&forum_id=18

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  8. dakod

dakod New Member

i just got a refurbed version z1275 with the latest firm 1.08? any way i lost my burst modes too.. some how i was playing with the options. they were there b4 when i first bought it.

so i regressed my steps and it turned out to be you need to turn red eye ON, then burst mode shows up : )

only thing is that now the shutter speed only goes to 1/1000 and not 1/2000 in PM, ?? same with you guys?

and seems like the focal length is 36mm and not 35-... marketing *shakes fist*, look at the exif... info.?

9. dakod

dakod New Member

Oh never mind, i found it on kodak's website... 1/2000 only in smart scene.

Shutter speed: 1/2–1/2000 sec. in smart scene mode and 8–1/1000 in manual mode

10. ryanbeckie

ryanbeckie New Member

dakod,
    You are a genius. I thought I had tried every combination but I never thought to turn the pre-flash back on. I had turned it off because the camera is a battery hog and I didn't want any additional drain on my batteries.

It's clearly a bug since the red eye pre-flash has nothing to do burst shooting. In fact, pre-flashing is impossible in burst mode since it'll slow things down, so why they linked the two is beyond me.

I think you've saved a lot of people headaches. Woot! just had a sale on these cameras so many people will have this question.

BTW, you're clearly better informed than Kodak's support staff . Despite the fact that I said many people have this problem, they think it's specific to my camera: "Based on how you describe the problem, it sound like the camera has a faulty self-timer and burst feature. On this case, if you are within your retailer’s return policy, you can inquire to your retailer if they have similar model that they can replace your Kodak EasyShare Z1275 zoom digital camera with."

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.