Kodak Z1285 Video statability problem

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Z1285user, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z1285user

Z1285user New Member

Hello,

I recently purchased a Kodak Z1285, and I love the video quality, but it seems to have a problem.

I usually mount it on a tripod to keep it stable and vibration free when doing personal videos, but the camera follows everything that moves. I suppose this is to reduce vibration when shooting with only your hands, but I do not need this feature when the camera is mounted on a stable surface.

Please help if possible, since this option just makes it look like someone is holding the camera with shaky hands when it is mounted on a tripod.

I would like to know if this is an option that can be turned off. I have searched high and low, everywhere on the internet and the settings on the camera itself.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=y7WjAt7B6AE

Thanks,
    Jared

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. rp2s

rp2s Active Member

Z1285 user,

This camera does not have optical image stabilization (no moving elements inside the lens). It uses digital stabilization (increasing the ISO to achieve a faster shutter speed), which has a setting on the mode dial (silhouette w/wiggly lines next to it). If this setting is not selected, you're not using this feature. Not sure what could be causing your problem.

3. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

I had the Z1275 and it did have digital image stabilisations and i don't mean high ISO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.