Kodak Z700 new battery question

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Bearhawke, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bearhawke

Bearhawke New Member

Newbie here and I have a problem.

I just bought a set of new Kodak brand rechargeable batteries for my Z700 digi camera (the old ones were dying after almost 4 years). Long story short: despite my camera sitting in its Kodak dock-----------the thing does not appear to be charging at all. Any ideas or do I need to 'bite the bullet' and buy a standalone Kodak charger?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The problem is either the camera, the batteries or the dock.

Can you recharge your old batteries (if you didn't throw them out) through the dock?

My guess is that the problem is with the dock and you do have to buy a charger but do what you can to test the dock before you invest in a Kodak charger, which is somewhat expensive.

If you decide to buy a charger, make sure you buy the one that's compatible with your batteries.

3. Bearhawke

Bearhawke New Member

Long story short: I threw the original batteries back into the camera and the dock's green charging lights came right on.

Odd (and highly annoying) being that the replacement batteries are genuine Kodak brand units and both they and the OEM ones are 'Ni-MH' as well. Note that I had the new ones in the camera/dock since yesterday. :(

4. Bearhawke

Bearhawke New Member

UPDATE: took the batteries back to the store and bought a Kodak charger (it has the same style batteries included); plugged it in, set the dry cells in there, ran 'em for about 5 minutes and plopped 2 of them into my camera-------------it now works!

Needless to say; I loaded all the new batteries back into my charger and 20 minutes later, they are already 50% charged up :)

5. Bearhawke

Bearhawke New Member

Well: camera now works.

I took a good look at the original battery pack; and, come to find out............there is a plastic insert that the two OEM batteries were glued to. Pried 'em off and inserted the new batteries alongside the insert and the camera is now charging off the dock.

Go figure. I am surprised that Kodak omitted that detail when attempting to use new Kodak batteries in a Kodak camera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.