Kodak Z700 Picture Uploading Question

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Smokey, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Hopefully someone can help me.

My wife and I have a Kodak Z700 EasyShare with the dock/printer. This is our first digital camera, and I'm not very good with cameras or computers. Printing pictures is obviously very easy with this device, but I'm hoping there is an easier way to upload the picture files to my laptop so I can store and/or e-mail them to others.

The only way I am aware of how to do this now is by:

1. Hooking the camera up via USB
    2. Opening the EasyShare program (slowwww)
    3. Transferring the files from the camera to the EasyShare
    4. E-mailing the pictures to myself
    5. Opening the e-mail and "save picture as"

Is there a way to transfer the files from the camera directly to my computer, bypassing the EasyShare software? We've had this camera for a while, but we took hundreds of pictures on our honeymoon and we found a place that can print them all for cheap if we e-mail them. Printing all the pictures at home would take forever and cost a small fortune, and e-mailing all the pictures to myself and "save picture as" is more trouble than it's worth at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!:eek:

Gary

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

If you use Windows, when you hook up the camera via USB cable, the memory card in the camera should show up as another drive in Windows Explorer. You can browse the contents of that space just like you would your computer's hard drive. Then you can copy/move the files from the external "drive" to your hard drive.

3. avisitor

avisitor Well-Known Member

In other words, connect the camera (or dock) via USB cable. Go to My Computer, click on the camera's drive (should be E:/ or something like that). Your pictures should be under DCIM and then your camera's name.

4. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Thanks for the replies, but no luck. I looked in My Computer, and with the camera hooked up via USB, the only drives it shows are the "C" drive, and the "D" drive, for the CD ROM. A friend suggested hooking the camera to the dock, then connecting via USB, but still nothing. I know it's connected correctly because it makes an audible sound when connected, and I can still view the camera contents via EasyShare.

5. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Are there any entries in the Setup menu that say anything about USB mode?

6. Smokey

Smokey New Member

I haven't checked the setup menu in the camera yet. I have tried downloading a device driver for the camera, but the Z700 wasn't listed, and when I went to the Kodak website the only thing they had to download for the Z700 was EasyShare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.