Kodak ZD710 eats batteries

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by aintnorock, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aintnorock

aintnorock New Member

I have a Kodak ZD710 which is about 3 years old. I can't keep batteries in it. The latest effort, I put brand new batteries in, took about 30 pictures, and the batteries allegedly went dead and the camera automatically turned off. My battery checker said the batteries had 65% left. I just put brand new precharged rechargeables in it, and the camera turned off before I had even set the date. The rechargeables tested as fully charged.

What is going on? I can't even take 30 pictures? On vacation recently, the batteries were only lasting a couple days. I walked around all vacation with a pocketful of batteries. I was thinking it was the batteries, but am now convinced something is wrong with the camera. It still takes good pictures, but just goes through batteries.

Thanks.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I agree, it seems like there's something wrong with the camera. As a last resort try the Energizer Ultimate lithium AA's. You can get a 4 pack for under $10. They aren't rechargeable but they are powerful and should have a long battery life. If they run out quickly you'll know the camera is definitely at fault.

3. aintnorock

aintnorock New Member

Assuming it IS the camera, what can I do then?

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I can't think of anything else you could do on your own. At that point you could either get the camera repaired or consider buying a new camera.

5. aintnorock

aintnorock New Member

Thanks for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.