lcd cracked on v705

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by emashley, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emashley

emashley New Member

I wondered if anyone could tell me whether or not it is worth trying to get the LCD fixed on my Kodak V705. The screen is cracked spider web style. It still takes pictures, but I can't see what I'm taking or change menu settings. It does not have a viewfinder. Will it be expensive or should I just replace it? Thanks!

2. Gautam

Gautam Well-Known Member

My guess is that it will be more expensive to replace the LCD than to get a new P&S camera. Plus, getting a new P&S camera means owning a better camera as well.

The one way that might make LCD replacement an affordable proposition was if you were to DIY...but good luck finding the appropriate LCD to replace yours with.

3. Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson Administrator News/Review Writer

A repair will cost more than you'll get selling the camera (in perfect condition) on ebay. You're better off purchasing another camera. About the only time that repairs are worth while is if you're using a DSLR that is in the $800+ price range. Cameras in that price range are worth fixing ... but cameras in the lower price ranges are rarely worth fixing unless you can do it yourself (assuming you can find replacement parts).

4. emashley

emashley New Member

According to Kodak, I can get it repaired for $125. And since it's a $350 camera, I think it's worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.