Lens Help-100d Super

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by scarlet, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarlet

scarlet New Member

Want to buy a lens for the 100d super that can be used in low light without a flash. Considering the older Pentax 50 mm f/1.4 or the newer 40 mm pancake lense. To be used for general purpose walking around photograpy where flash may not be permitted. A little concerned about the 50mm lens as there are some comments about it being too sharp (focusing problems) and also a lens that was not designed for DSLRs. Will it auto-focus with the 100D super? Does anybody have any thoughts on the subject or another lens recommendation?

2. Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson Administrator News/Review Writer

Go with the 50mm f/1.4 lens. The 40mm only goes to f/2.8 ... which is better than the kit lens, but you'll find yourself wanting more light indoors than what f/2.8 can give you.

The 50mm f/1.4 is the way to go if you want to do available light photography and stop using flash.

Yes, it will work with the autofocus on the K100D and K100D Super.

3. scarlet

scarlet New Member

Thanks so much for the fast reply. I am now going to go with the 50mm/1.4.
    Most reviews are very favorable. The negatives, which, had me thinking, is perhaps it is too sharp-have trouble focusing. But your comment on the 40mm lens has tipped the scales towrds the 50mm. Had not seen many comments on the 40mm-I guess new lens.

4. southpaw

southpaw Member

I was considering the same thing, but the 40mm pancake is nearer what the human eye sees on the Pentax digitals. 40=60 50=75. I think I will get the 40mm for my K100D Super.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.