Looking For A Camera...Appricate Your Help :)

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by RIKI23, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RIKI23

RIKI23 New Member

Hello!
    Im looking for a new digital camera but the important feature im looking for is the video quality. i usually take videos in parties where the lightning is not that good so i dont expect that much but i want the video resolution to be very good but the size to be normal. i almost bought the new canon tx1 but after reading that 13 minutes of video worth 4 gigabyte i immediately changed my mind. i saw sony dsc-w70 video quality and really liked it and the size is normal as well. do you have any suggestion about a camera even batter then the w70 but to be stills camera too because i dont want a video camera.
    thanks so much for your help im so confused :(

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Digital cameras are not great when it comes to taking videos. You're unlikely to find one that's as good as the Canon TX1, which specializes in video.

There are a few cameras with HD video capability you may want to check out, including the Panasonic TZ5, Panasonic FX35 and Panasonic FX500. However, you're going to have the same problem you had with the TX1 - video takes up lots of space so you'll fill your memory card quickly.

3. RIKI23

RIKI23 New Member

but the sony w70 takes 200 mb for a 8 minutes video and the quality is great! how do you explain this?

4. Andy Stanton

It sounds like you found your camera.

5. RIKI23

RIKI23 New Member

i want something maybe better thats why im asking for example this camera doesn't have zoom while recording video and hd quality doesnt matter to me i want great resolution not hd

6. Andy Stanton

7. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Active Member

You may want to consider a video camera instead of relying on a point & shoot still camera's performance. If video performance is key, get the right tool for the job, a video camera.

8. RIKI23

RIKI23 New Member

HEY FIRST of all thanks for the help
    second i came to realize that resolution of 640x480 is great for me dont need bigger than that so its good cause thers a lot of cameras with this resolution. which one of the comptable canon is with the best video quailty in this resolution or other brand?
    thanks

9. Andy Stanton

All of the Canon ultracoompacts take good videos at 640x480, 30 frames per second. The SD1100IS is the smallest and least expensive of the Canon ultracompacts that have been released since the fall of 2007.

10. joebusby

joebusby Member

You could try the Panasonic Lumix FX series, which can do 720p video at 30fps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.