Looking for a good Point & Shoot!

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by jayquinn, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayquinn

jayquinn New Member

I am looking for a good point and shoot camera that I can take everywhere with me. I want something small and lightweight so I do not have to lug my Nikon DSLR and interchangeable lens around! I am going on vacation in May to London & Paris and I really want to be able to snap great photos.

I have been looking at the Canon S110 but I know a lot about the lens error in the older model and wonder if anyone has experienced that with the S110? I have also been thinking about the Nikon P330 which is similar to the Canon. I have heard that the camera is slow and lags functionally however. Between these 2 cameras which one is the best bet? Any other camera options within the $200-325 price range would be great, I just want great photos, with ease of use and reliability. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on a point & shot when I have a nice DSLR that's over $1000

Thanks in advance for all input! :)

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Canon S110 and Nikon P330 are very similar in several ways - size, weight, zoom, both have good image quality, short battery life. The Canon has a couple of advantages over the Nikon - built-in WiFi and a touchscreen interface. But the Nikon has quite a few advantages over the Canon. The P330 has significantly faster shot-to-shot times, both with the flash turned off and on, and much faster continuous shooting. The Nikon also has a built-in GPS, a sweep panorama mode, a better movie mode, a slightly faster lens at wide aperture, a better grip and a higher resolution LCD. They're selling at about the same price - $250 online. In my view the Nikon P330 gives you quite a bit more bang for the buck.

3. jayquinn

jayquinn New Member

Thank you! I have been leaning more towards the Nikon anyways!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.