Looking for new camera recommendations ...

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by Groovegrrrrrl75, Nov 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Groovegrrrrrl75

Groovegrrrrrl75 New Member

I am looking to buy a new camera for Christmas and would love any opinions or experiences or recommendations. There's so much out there. I have been looking at and comparing Canon and Sony but it's hard to know what to buy, hence this post.

Ideally, my budget is about $800US but would spend up to $1,000US if needed. Photography is a huge hobby of mine so I want a camera that is decent. Size: A point and shoot that is somewhat light weight.

Background:
    My first camera was a Panasonic Lumix LX2. I was very happy with it. I later purchased a second hand Canon 40D which is now very well used. I have most recently been using a GoPro Hero 3 silver which I love for its wide angle! The picture quality isn't as nice as I'd like it to be and if I want to shoot close up, it's not ideal.

Features/General Usage: An ultrazoom lens would be nice but I'd also like one that has a fairly wide angle lens as I mostly shoot outdoors while hiking. Image quality is quite important, however, I will not be making any big prints of my photos. A camera with some features like 'color accent' or 'tilt-shift' might be fun but not terribly important.

Any suggestions?! Thanking you in advance for your thoughts!

2. Peteraa1

Peteraa1 New Member

Best digital camera.

At what price?

NASA uses Hasselblad cameras, but the price is beyond the average photographer's reach.

Just under $33,000.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017