Lumix ZS10 black screen on burst photos

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by ArtieTheOneManParty, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtieTheOneManParty

ArtieTheOneManParty New Member

I have the Lumix ZS10, and in Manual mode, if I turn on the burst setting, when I depress the shutter partially to focus, the screen turns black, but still shows the settings. If I snap the photos, they just come out black. I'm guessing I messed up a setting somewhere, but I can't figure it out. The camera appears to operate fine in other modes.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The most likely explanation is that your camera's exposure settings are not correct. Remember that, in manual mode, you have to adjust the settings yourself as the camera won't do it for you, unless you specifically tell it to. It's possible your shutter speed is set too high, aperture too narrow and ISO too low, resulting in a very dark picture. However, if this is not the case, you may have a serious problem with your camera.

3. ArtieTheOneManParty

ArtieTheOneManParty New Member

Bingo! the one button I didn't try (missed it). I think I was messing with it one time trying to take pics of the moon at night. Can you tell me what the base settings should be? I have F6.3 and 1/2 (it was at 1/1000).

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Your settings mainly depend on how much light is available. If light is low, shoot at an aperture that's as wide as possible and a slow shutter speed (1/15 second is probably the minimum you can shoot without blur). Also use a high ISO (but anything above 400 is going to show graininess). If you're shooting moving objects and want a sharp image you'll have to shoot at 1/100 second and faster, though this will darken your picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.