M863 Help

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Paint, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paint

Paint New Member

I have a Kodak M86 and I need to know how to remove the selector knob at the top of the camera(the one that you use to select what picture mode). I thought you would just pull up on it and it would pop right off, but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick... I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Why do you need to remove the selector knob?

3. Paint

Paint New Member

Well I bought a new camera (the m863) about 48 hours ago. Someone wanted to see my new camera, so while looking at it, they dropped it.... and the lens wont retract. I intend to take it part and try to fix it due to the fact that it is a new camera and sending it in for servicing would cost about as much as the camera itself.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

It's under warranty now and Kodak should repair it for free (don't tell them you dropped it). If you mess with it, you'll void the warranty.

5. Paint

Paint New Member

I thought about that, but there are obvious signs that it has been dropped. Like the scratches and the fack the the lens barrel is crooked.

6. pookey

pookey Member

paint, your camera is obviously no longer under warranty. i heard kodak offers service upgrade program for US customers, in exchange to your camera, they will give you 25% coupon code so you may use it in purchasing a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.