Macro Flower Not Showing

Discussion in 'Canon' started by liane, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liane

liane Member

Just bought an S5 IS because my S1 didn't have a macro mode. Seems no matter what I try I can't get the 'flower' to show up in the LCD window. I have tried touching the 'flower macro button' on the side of the lens umpteen times. Camera is set in Auto mode....

Have read the manual which seems a little vague using macro so am wondering if I am missing something here. Not only can't I get the flower to show in the LCD monitor...but I really bought this camera because I need it to focus within 2" and was told this camera had a super-macro to do just that.

Hoping someone can jump in here to point me in the right direction.
    Thanks,
    Liane

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

According to the basic manual you have to press the macro button for more than a second!

Attached Files:

3. liane

liane Member

Thanks for your input, but I've held the 'button for a second'... Just pushing it once I can't even get it to turn into the macro mode...let alone the super macro mode. Am wondering if there is another setting somewhere that I am missing. Camera is in 'auto' mode..

Liane

4. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Can you activate the macro function in any other shooting mode?

Have you tried resetting the camera to stock settings?

5. liane

liane Member

I cannot activate macro function from any other shooting function. I tried to reset the camera to stock settings but always get a 'busy' notice and it won't reset. Camera is in Auto mode.,....

6. liane

liane Member

I talked to Canon today...they told me to use Macro and Super Macro in the P mode. Isn't this supposed to work in the Auto mode? I hung up without asking that questions....drats.

7. denncald

denncald Well-Known Member

Here's a portion of the Advanced User Guide, page 200, showing which features are available in various modes. You will see Macro and Super Macro are available in several modes.

[​IMG]

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.