Memory card not working

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Lang, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lang

Lang New Member

I have a Kodak CX7430 which is about 5 years old. It has a Lexar 128MB memory card. I could always take 100+ pictures before my memory was full. Now it fills up with 14 pictures. I have tried reseating the card but that didn't help. Anything else I should try before ordering a new card?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

It sounds like your pictures are being saved only to your camera's internal memory. Your SD card is probably dead. Since 1 gb sd cards are available at many stores (including supermarkets) for less than $10, you might as well buy a new card and see what happens.

3. Lang

Lang New Member

Thanks Andy, I put in a new 2gb card but the camera still didn't see the additional memory, even after I used the "Format" command on the camera's setup menu.

Lang

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sorry. It might be time to buy a new camera. At least you'll be able to use your new 2 gb card.

5. pookey

pookey Member

Lang, the image storage setting on the camera must be set to Internal memory that is why the camera is reading only the internal and not the memory card, i checked the manual of your camera and you may try the steps below:

1. Press the Menu button.
    2. Select Image Storage setting, then press OK.
    3. Select Auto, then press OK
    Note: Auto - the camera uses the card if one is in the camera. If not, the camera uses internal memory.
    Internal Memory - the camera always uses internal memory, even if a card is installed.
    4. Press the Menu button to exit.

that's all, hope it works!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.